Currents

Triton Football Tackles for Victory

At the start of the school year, nearly every high schooler is pumped up for the beginning of the fall football season, supporting their team as they try their best for the win at the end of every game. This year, we have been blown away by our team’s success so far. Weeks into the school year, and our Triton football players have remained nearly undefeated, with a 6-1 win/loss ratio since their season began.

As summer began to come to a close for us, the Tritons’ football season had already commenced due to the early lining up of games for PVL. The change of plans didn’t catch our boys off-guard, as they started their winning streak against Dos Pueblos with a fantastic lead of 55 to 0.  Triton football became victorious yet again dominating Newbury Park for the first time in school history with a score of 42-20. These two wins have marked the beginning of a five-game winning streak so far for our Tritons.

The triumph they’ve achieved is no surprise to them, according to the players themselves. Their season thus far has surpassed the length of their success as compared to recent years. “We knew we had something to prove since the end of last year, and we worked non-stop with two goals in mind: win games, and win league,” wide receiver Paul Blevins stated. Despite all their glories, they don’t lose sight of what is important for the team. “There’s always room for improvement. After every win, we still work on getting better. Our main focus is not to take any opponent too lightly.” Blevins remarks. 

Remaining undefeated is a huge mileage for our boys, and we can hope that their average wins-losses position as of now will give a greater advantage to them later on when their season is over. As they continue to fight on every Friday night of fall, they strive to bring home first place in PVL to Pacifica.   “This is just the beginning.”