Currents

Advance Girls Golf

Amongst the fall season sports provided here at Pacifica High School, girls golf falls right into place. The girls golf team consist of nine hard working players: Layla Rodriguez, Victoria Peinado, Christine Vallejo, Jessica Vallejo, Denay, Valerie, Anna, Mariann, and Alex. Throughout the season the girls have had three matches, two of which they unfortunately lost to Buena High School and Ventura High School and the other being forfeited by Channel Islands High School. However these loses, the girls do not feel discouraged in the least. When asked about how they felt on how they have done so far, golfer Layla Rodriguez claimed “[they] feel good about [their] efforts and [their] growth as a team this season.” Fellow teammate, Victoria Peinado, stated that “[she] feels like [their] team is improving and [that they] have a shot at being placed in league.” Still early on in the season, the girls are staying positive for the outcome of the season. Last year the girls earned second place in their league and went up a division this year so the girls are staying positive for the outcome. In fact, when asked about what they expect out of the season, Rodriguez and Peinado both claimed “[they] expect to do well in league and possibly have a few girls advance into finals.” Fellow returner, Christine Vallejo, feels just as optimistic stating that “all [her] teammates are improving as a team and individually” and that although their team consist of mainly new players “they are all quick learners and very hardworking in and out of the course.”