The student-run news site of Pacifica High School

Currents

Students Opinion on the CAASPP

I asked several students what they felt about the CAASPP and the majority of them said it was hard. Of course, all of the students that I have interviewed are in the 11 grade.

Guilmar Guzman is currently in Math 3 felt the test was boring. He thought it was nice to start testing on computers rather than testing with a pencil and paper. Guilmar personally felt he was prepared for the test and had plenty of time to prepare for the test. Guilmar didn’t think he didn’t review enough for the CAASPP. He said the only practice he got was when he used the CAASPP browser in his math class. Guilmar also felt he didn’t learn some of the problems that were on the CAASPP.

An anonymous 11th grader felt it was good to take the CAASPP so they can learn where their knowledge in math is currently at. They like that they get to see where they are at in the subject of mathematics. This person felt they would have done better if they practiced in their math class. They felt they were not given enough time to prepare for this test. They felt they learned the problems on the test but needed to review it.

Ashley Rey is in Pre-Calculus and thought the test was hard and a waste of time. Ashley felt she was kind of prepared for the CAASPP. She felt she was not given enough time to prepare for this test. Ashley felt she learned what was on the CAASPP but needed to review it.

Leslie Viveros is currently in Integrated Mathematics 3 (P) and felt the CAASPP was challenging. She felt she was not prepared because she was saving lives at the Blood Drive. That day was the only day in which her Math class studied for the CAASPP. She felt they were given enough time but didn’t prepare them enough for it. She knew some of the problems on the test and she did not know the rest of the test.

Crystal Martinez is in Math 3 felt the test was hard and challenging. Crystal felt she was somewhat prepared for the test. She did not think she was given enough time to prepare for the CAASPP. She felt the test consisted of some problems that were review.

Krista Nuno is currently in Math 3 and felt the test was hard. She also felt unprepared and felt her teacher didn’t prepare her enough for the CAASPP. She didn’t think she was given enough time to prepare for the test. Krista felt she learned what was on the test but she felt it has been awhile since she learned the problems on the test. She thought the test consisted of too many things that aren’t recent.

Gloria Gracida is in Math 2 felt the test was horrible and hard. She did not feel she was prepared for the test. She felt the teacher didn’t prepare her for the test and it came without warning. She felt she knew nothing on the test and didn’t review for it.

Emilia Prudente is in Math 3 felt the CAASPP was vacuous and pointless. She does not think she was prepared for the CAASPP. She felt she was not given enough time to prepare for the test. As for the problems on the test she felt she didn’t really learn what was consisted on the test.