The student-run news site of Pacifica High School

Currents

Prom 2017

After months of prepping and stressing out on what to wear and what make up to do prom finally arrived. Prom was held on April 29,2017 at the Sherwood Country Club. The Prom theme was Gatsby “Le Grand Rendez-vous” and many students were super excited for the event. Our school provided students with transportation there and back at a ticket price of $130. Students with a license were able to self transport themselves and only payed $110. There were over 600 students who attended the event. Activities at the venue included caricature artists, tarot card readers, and a photo booth. Students were able to take prom pictures with their dates in the school cafeteria and then arrive at the event for dinner at 7. Dinner was served in a buffet style and offered chicken,pasta,mashed potatoes, vegetables etc. The dance floor opened around 8 pm and DJ Boogeyman pumped up the crowd for the whole night. Like at every prom we had a prom queen and king. Mr Lawrence announced winners Jack Ojeda and Paulina Valerio as your 2017 Prom King and Queen. The two said a couple of words and slow danced to the Beauty and the Beast song. prom overall was a success. The class of 2017 really overdid it and impressed their peers.