The student-run news site of Pacifica High School

The 2017 Golden Globes

January 24, 2017

The 2017 Golden Globes were definitely a night to remember. Celebrities filled the venue, looking stylish and having conversations about the movies we had in 2016.

Hosted by Jimmy Fallon, the Golden Globes are a night of awards for movie stars, like “Outstanding Performance” and “Best Motion Picture”

There were so many talented nominees, but the winners truly deserved the Golden Globes.Ryan Gosling won the “Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy Performance” Award along side his female counterpart, Emma Stone, for their performances in La La Land. La La Land kept winning through the night, as the movie won Best Motion Picture (Musical). Other nominees included: Colin Ferrell, Hugh Grant, Jonah Hill, Ryan Reynolds (Best Actor in Musical/Comedy Performance), Annete Beining, Lilly Collins, Hailee Stenfield, Meryl Streep (Best Actress in Musical/Comedy Performance,) 20th Century Women, Deadpool, Florence Fester Jenkins, and Sing Street (Best Motion Picture).

One of Disney’s most recent films, Zootopia, won Best Animated Picture. Other nominees included: Kubo and the Two Strings, Moana, My Life as a Cougarette, and Sing.

When it comes to television, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” won awards for all seven television categories, including: “Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television” and “Actress for Best Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.”

Overall, the Golden Globes were definitely a night of laughs, love, and art. Hopefully, 2017 will be all that and more.

Currents • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial