The student-run news site of Pacifica High School

Currents

Hacksaw Ridge

Joseph Marquez, News Editor

One of the most popular movies that came out in 2016 was Hacksaw Ridge, a true story about a conscientious objector named Desmond T. Doss. He managed to save 75 men in the battle of Okinawa during World War 2. He was the only American soldier in the war who did not take a weapon with him to the front line. As an army medic he single-handedly evacuated the wounded near the enemy lines. He was also the first ever conscientious objector to win the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Fabian Lupian, a student from the Health Science Academy really enjoyed this movie. He  gave it a 9 out of 10 rating he stated, ”Hacksaw ridge is a movie of the ages. It is simply a masterpiece, a must-see.” His favorite part of the movie was when the men were preparing for battle and climbing to Hacksaw Ridge. He thought the saddest part of the movie was when the soldiers started to get killed by the enemy. He thought the first part of the movie was a romantic comedy and the second half of the movie was of  horror and action. He enjoyed it so much he would even watch it again recommending this movie to everyone. His favorite part of the movie is when a guy gets stabbed in the foot;moreover, he enjoys the goriness. He states,” This is one of the top war movies I’ve seen.”

I personally really enjoyed this movie. I would also give it a 9 out of 10 rating. My favorite part of the movie was when Desmond T. Doss started pulling out the wounded men from the front lines and took them back to safety. I also think that this is one of the top war movies ever created. I would also recommend this movie to anyone who hasn’t seen it or doesn’t know if they should see it. This movie definitely brings out the truth in war.